So, you are looking to hire an expert to increase your rankings and boost your site visibility, but don’t know where to turn. Are you spending your budget hiring an in-house SEO expert or you are looking to hire an SEO agency Manchester? It is a question we often hear. Should you hire an SEO agency or an in-house SEO specialist? Here is a detailed guide to which of an SEO agency or an in-house SEO specialist is better!
The Difference Between an SEO Agency and In-House SEO
The major difference between hiring an SEO specialist in-house or an SEO agency is that members of your in-house staff are hired to do the SEO work for your organization only, while an SEO agency Manchester offers services to several different clients in various industries. In case you choose an in-house specialist, your company will hire employees dedicated to SEO and marketing. In case you choose to hire an SEO agency, they would be entirely responsible for your company’s SEO on the basis of scope of your work and contract.
So, should you hire new employees to your SEO department, or should you work with an SEO agency? Here are the pros and cons of each:
Pros and Cons of Hiring an SEO Agency
- You will save money and time by terminating the internal hiring procedure and you will be quickly provided with experienced personnel
- SEO agencies have the industry expertise to offer insight into SEO problems that your staff might not have the expertise to resolve
- It is cost-effective to hire an SEO agency as compared to an in-house SEO expert
- Agencies tend to employ experts who are experts at different SEO aspects
- The turnaround time for the deliverables can be reduced compared to what in-house SEO team is expected to. Agency employees are efficient as well as experienced.
- SEO agencies work for different clients
- Though good agencies maintain open communication with clients, it may be faster and easier to communicate with in-house staff
- Hiring the perfect SEO agency for your business is sometimes too hard
- Finding the right agency demands a lot of trust, hence choosing a team that is trustworthy is important.
Pros and Cons of In-House SEO
- You will have enhanced visibility to the work that is being done and can quickly make any changes required
- In-house team is focused completely on your business
- In-house staff members will have a great understanding of the values, culture, and overall business objectives of your company
- It is easier for in-house SEO staff to communicate with other staff, such as sales and web development.
- Training and hiring qualified employees can be a expensive and longer process
- It is costly to hire full time employees or a team
- It is unlikely that in-house staff will be specialists in different areas of SEO as they would have various responsibilities
- The work can get slower in-house because employees need to prioritize several responsibilities and tasks!